Impossible to find error

  1. #1
    Rossy
    Guest

    Impossible to find error

    I'm working on macros.
    I've build a spreadsheet and then I press the register new macro button ..I
    registered the macro that built a pivot table in a new spreadsheet..
    I pressed end registration...and saved the macro.
    I closed the file without saving .
    I reopened the file and execute the macro.Then I got the error.
    Impossible to find the property PivotFields for the PivotTableClass.
    How can I solve this?

  2. #2
    Philip
    Guest

    RE: Impossible to find error

    Can you please post your code so we can have a look at it, and also,
    highlight the line that causes the error.

    It may just be that the code is not referencing the worksheet...so it can't
    find the pivot table

    Philip

  3. #3
    Rossy
    Guest

    RE: Impossible to find error

    Here's the code

    Cells.Select
    ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _
    "Report_Incasso_Macro_Ramo!C1:C30").CreatePivotTable
    TableDestination:="", _
    TableName:="Tabella_pivot1", DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10
    ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard TableDestination:=ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1)
    ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1).Select
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("AGENZIA")
    .Orientation = xlRowField
    .Position = 1
    End With
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("MACRO-RAMO")
    .Orientation = xlRowField
    .Position = 2
    End With
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("Tipo")
    .Orientation = xlRowField
    .Position = 3
    End With
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").AddDataField
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
    "Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("Somma Di SommaDiNetto"), _
    "Conteggio di Somma Di SommaDiNetto", xlCount
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").AddDataField
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
    "Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("Somma Di Netto_Gennaio"), _
    "Conteggio di Somma Di Netto_Gennaio", xlCount
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella_pivot1").AddDataField
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables( _
    "Tabella_pivot1").PivotFields("Somma Di Netto_Febbraio"), _
    "Conteggio di Somma Di Netto_Febbraio", xlCount
    End Sub

  4. #4
    Philip
    Guest

    RE: Impossible to find error

    Ok,

    First, check the name of the activesheet - is the activesheet (referenced by
    the code) the worksheet that has the pivot table on it.

    Then, if it's referencing the correct worksheet, check the fieldnames of the
    pivot table.

    Exactly which line of code gives the error?

    Philip