GetObject equivalent for IE

  1. #1
    spaceman
    Guest

    GetObject equivalent for IE

    Is there anyway/alternative method of using GetObject for Internet Explorer?

    Is there a workaround for GetObject? I saw some things yesterday but it
    seemed to involve downloading something, which doesn't work for me at work
    (we're not supposed to use downloaded things etc). And IE doesn't add
    itself to the existing applications listing (or whatever it's called) like
    programs that are associated to file extensions - excel, word, adobe etc.

    Basically, I want to target an existing IE window, the name of it will be
    unique, and then from there, either copy the contents of that web page into
    a cell, or be able to target a textbox on that page called xxfundsxx (for
    example) to return the contents of that textbox into a variable.

    Navigating to the page and then getting the data (which I can do, but is not
    possible in this situation) won't work due to it being an IE based
    application that is always the same web page, but it extracts data for
    different accounts etc when it is opened. Has to be from an existing window.

    Cheers.

  2. #2
    spaceman
    Guest

    Re: GetObject equivalent for IE

    soz for double post, trying to set Outlook Express up properly.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    spaceman
    Guest

    Re: GetObject equivalent for IE

    soz for double post, trying to set OE up !

  4. #4
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: GetObject equivalent for IE

    'Find an IE window with matching location and get a reference
    ' to the document object from the loaded page. Assumes no frames.
    Function GetHTMLDocument(sAddress As String) As Object

    Dim objShell As Object, objShellWindows As Object, o As Object
    Dim retVal As Object, sURL As String

    Set retVal = Nothing
    Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Applicatio*n")
    Set objShellWindows = objShell.Windows

    'see if IE is already open
    For Each o In objShellWindows
    sURL = ""