XLSTART doesn't open PMW

  1. #1
    DB
    Guest

    XLSTART doesn't open PMW

    .. What I want to do is attach a formatting option to a toolbar button. I can
    generate the formatting and record the macro to do it. I then want to attach
    the resulting macro to an icon on the toolbar. (I can do all of that. The
    macro is fine and attaching it to the button is ok.)

    Then I need to put the macro in a place that it will run on any sheet that I
    have open but macros will only run from open workbooks. That's where the
    Personal Macro Workbook (PMW) comes in. This is a hidden workbook that opens
    when Excel is opened but is not visible. (It is standard Excel
    functionality.) You save macros there and then they can be run in any open
    workbook because the PMW is open although not visible.

    I have located 4 XLSTART folders on my machine. I put workbook named PMW is
    each one of them. If I click on the PMW file in the XLSTART folder it opens,
    is hidden, and the macro runs from any other workbook that I open.

    The problem - When Excel starts it should open everything in the XLSTART
    folder including PMW. It does not. It opens book.xlt and the PDF maker add-in
    but not PMW.

    Anyone have any thoughts?
    --
    DB

  2. #2

    Re: XLSTART doesn't open PMW

    You have a response to your post in .excel