Include Worksheets From Workbooks into ONE new Workbook

  1. #1

    Include Worksheets From Workbooks into ONE new Workbook

    II have 5 Workbooks. Each have one worksheet. I want to create a new workbook that includes each of the worksheets from each of the five workbooks. how do i do that? One problem I forsee is that each of the worksheets are named "Sheet 1" by default.

    thoughts? thanks.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Include Worksheets From Workbooks into ONE new Workbook

    Hi tcgaines

    Try
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    perfect!!! i dont know why its soooo slow (about 3-4 minutes) but it works!!

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Include Worksheets From Workbooks into ONE new Workbook

    Maybe if you also disable the events it is faster

    Before the loop
    Application.EnableEvents = False

    and after the code is ready
    Application.EnableEvents = True

  5. #5
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Include Worksheets From Workbooks into ONE new Workbook

    Depending what your code is up to sometimes turning calcualtions off wile the
    macro is running will speed things up. As with any application level events
    it is best to include an error handler when you modify these settings
    (Calculation, Alerts, Events)...

    Sub DoYourStuff()
    on error goto errorhandler
    application.calculation = xlManual