How can I get rid of the pathname?

  1. #1
    Jos Vens
    Guest

    How can I get rid of the pathname?

    Hi,

    I made a userdefined function (UDF) to do a specific task in my worksheet.
    It works well. The function is stored in another workbook which contains the
    code of my whole program. If I place my code (a xla-file) and my workbook to
    another computer, the UDF is replaced with the whole pathname + the UDF and
    it does not work anymore.

    Is there a means to not get that (anoying) pathname when I place my
    workbooks on another machine? If i delete the path, my UDF works again!

    Thanks
    Jos

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How can I get rid of the pathname?

    The easiest thing to do is to treat your UDF like an add-in:

    Put it in each of your workbooks. That way the workbooks will be
    self-contained and not have to rely on being able to reach another workbook
    to get to the UDF.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3