Open Form (VBA Running) and Application.OnTime

  1. #1
    Ronald Dodge
    Guest

    Open Form (VBA Running) and Application.OnTime

    Excel 2002, SP3

    I have a workbook that is used to store the weight of each individual bale
    along a couple of other items. I did for the longest time have it setup to
    save after each entry, which is okay for a while, but as time progresses and
    the workbook starts to get somewhat larger, it takes longer and longer
    before it allows for more data entry. Yes, you can keep typing as it goes
    into a buffer, but you can't see or check it out.

    To address this issue, I attempted to use the Application.OnTime command to
    have it wait until the entry has been idle for at least 1 full minute prior
    to saving, but cause the form is still open, VBA is still considered to be
    running, thus prevents the macro being ran by the OnTime method. Currently,
    the users of the file has to save the workbook manually before exiting out
    of the file.

    What do I need to do to get around this issue?

    --
    Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
    Production Statistician

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Open Form (VBA Running) and Application.OnTime

    You can see that in this implementation of a Splash Screen, John Walkenbach
    uses application.Ontime from within an open userform to close the userform.
    So it is unclear why you say the open form causes application.Ontime not to
    run.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:%[email protected]...