How do I close/exit Excel programmatically

  1. #1
    Jesse
    Guest

    How do I close/exit Excel programmatically

    I have several Excel files that I run automatically overnight. Excel remains
    open after each file has run and closed. Thus, I have several sessions of
    Excel open. This is a problem over the weekend. Is there something I can
    add to the VB code that will close Excel after the file processing is done?

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: How do I close/exit Excel programmatically

    application.displayalerts = false
    application.quit

    Make darn sure that you have saved everything before you run this code. It
    closes things without asking if you would like to save.
    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How do I close/exit Excel programmatically

    Look in help at the Quit command

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...