Worksheet Name Variable Problem

  1. #1
    David
    Guest

    Worksheet Name Variable Problem

    I'm trying to set the names of two worksheets. I have a macro in the first
    one that opens the second worksheet, and writes data to several cells in the
    2nd worksheet.
    I need to have the 2nd worksheet become the active sheet, and close the
    first worksheet before I proceed. I'm trying to name the workbooks so I can
    activate either one, but what I really need to do is have the 2nd worksheet
    continue calling macros after the 1st sheet has been closed.
    The code I'm using is below.

    Sub timeout()

    Dim wbSource As Workbook, wbZip As Workbook
    Dim wbName As String
    wbName = Range("A2").Value
    wbZip = ActiveWorkbook
    wbSource = wbName

    Windows(wbName).Activate
    ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True

    Windows(wbZip).Activate
    Worksheets(2).Activate
    Range("B1").Select

    Call ZipTheFile

    End Sub

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Worksheet Name Variable Problem

    After I read this it didn't make sense. The worksheets are already named. I'm
    trying to capture those names in variables. But again, what I'm really trying
    to do is open a 2nd workbook (always the same name), call a macro in the 2nd
    workbook from the 1st workbook, make the 2nd workbook active, close the 1st
    workbook (without changing the name, although the names of the 1st workbook
    will always be different) and then continue running macros in the 2nd
    workbook after the 1st is closed. I'm also writing data from workbook 1 to 2
    before closeing 1. That make's better sense now!

    David