Start a new session when a session is already opend

  1. #1
    MD
    Guest

    Start a new session when a session is already opend

    Good morning,

    I looking for a way to open a work book by clicking on it's existing icon or
    it's shortcut of MYWORKBOOK and have it open in a new session of EXCEL even
    if an other workbook is already opend.

    The reson is that this particular workbook has an auto auto macro that edits
    that when EXCEL looks and I don't wish for any existing opened workbook to
    by modified also.

    So what I need is a command or a property of some kind what defines
    MYWORKBOOK so that when it is called to be opened, it opens in a new session
    of EXCEL and is independant of the fist one that is running

    regards

    MD

  2. #2
    MD
    Guest

    Re: Start a new session when a session is already opend

    What I've found so far is that I can put in the properties / target of the
    icon the command to start the application EXCEL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" and then put a space and then I put the
    destination of my file C:\MyFile.xls

    This will work but the only problem is the version issue. If the user does
    not have Office10 then the command is no good!!!

    news:[email protected]...