Going loopy on a loop

  1. #1
    John in Surrey
    Guest

    Going loopy on a loop

    hi folks

    Im looping thru a range to find the first blank cell to fill...
    of exiting my loop how do I paste into it?

    Range("B4").Select
    Selection.Copy
    For Each c In Worksheets("admit").Range("B11:B32").Cells
    If c.Value = 0 Then Exit For
    Next
    ' past data here

    how do I past into c.? - the first cell containing 0 that Ive found...

    thanks folks

    Images of home (NZ)
    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home
    What we are up to in the UK
    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Going loopy on a loop

    My understanding is that you can't trust the loop variable outside the loop.
    So I would just do the copy at that point

    Dim c as Range
    For Each c In Worksheets("admit").Range("B11:B32")
    If c.Value = 0 Then
    Range("B4").copy c
    Exit For
    end if
    Next

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Going loopy on a loop

    No loop required. Try this

    Sub fillfirstblankinrange()
    With Worksheets("sheet2")
    ..Range("b4").Copy .Range(.Range("b11:b32").Find("").Address)
    End With
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Going loopy on a loop

    Hi John,

    If you mean blank, rather than 0 value, then try:

    '=============>>
    Public Sub Tester001()
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim srcRng As Range
    Dim destRng As Range

    Set srcRng = Range("B4")
    Set rng = Range("B11:B32")

    On Error Resume Next
    Set destRng = rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)(1)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If Not destRng Is Nothing Then
    srcRng.Copy Destination:=destRng
    '<<=============