Change fill color based on value of another cell in Excel

  1. #1
    ForensicAccountant
    Guest

    Change fill color based on value of another cell in Excel

    How would I set/change the fill color of one cell of an Excel spreadsheet
    based on the value of another cell on the same Excel spreadsheet?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Change fill color based on value of another cell in Excel

    Select the cell (say B1) and pull-down:
    Format > Conditional Formatting... and pick formula is

    =(A1="") and select you format (say fill red)

    Then if A1 is empty, then B1 will show as red, otherwise not red.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Change fill color based on value of another cell in Excel

    Using conditional formatting under the formatting menu. In the dialog,
    change cell value is to Formula is and put in a formula that reacts to the
    value in the other cell, producing True or False.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "ForensicAccountant" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...