Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

  1. #1

    Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

    Hi,

    I have a form in which I have yes/no questions. The user has to answer the questions and at the end i need to display the score.
    So I have several groups of 2 option buttons (Yes/No) and I would like to know how I can find out which option is selected from a group.
    Say group1 has "Yes" selected, I would like to have something like the following:

    Can anyone help me?

    Also, while I'm at it, I have about 25 questions so I have 25 groups. Is there a smarter way to calculate the total score than type in the line above for each and every group manually?

    Thanks all,

  2. #2
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    RE: Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

    maybe something like this
    dim c as control
    for each c in controls
    if typename(c)="Option Button" then
    if c.value="Yes" then
    countyes++
    endif
    endif
    next

    (I'm not 100% sure of the typename, but something like this should work)

  3. #3
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    RE: Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

    i think countYes++ might need to be
    countYes = countYes + 1

  4. #4
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    Re: Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

    Dim c As Control
    For Each c In Controls
    If TypeName(c) = "OptionButton" Then
    If c.Value = True Then
    countYes = countYes + 1
    Next

    this worked for me

  5. #5
    Gixxer_J_97
    Guest

    Re: Option buttons: How to get the selected option from a group?

    I'm sorry - i think i misunderstood your need.
    you're wanting to count how many option buttons that have "Yes" as the text
    are selected.

    Dim c As Control
    For Each c In Controls
    If TypeName(c) = "OptionButton" Then
    If c.Value = True And c.Caption = "Yes" Then
    countYes = countYes + 1
    Next