Please help : Macro doesnt work on other PCs

  1. #1
    Jason
    Guest

    Please help : Macro doesnt work on other PCs

    Hello everybody,

    I created a macro which i am able to run in my pc which is
    connected to a network, but when i save the excel file in the common drive
    and try to open it from another machine, i am having trouble.what happens
    actually is, i could open it, and run the macro, but it wont recognise bits
    of coding. for eg:

    Workbooks(energy).Sheets(energy).Range("A1:f1000").Copy
    ActiveSheet.Paste Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("a1:f1000")

    where energy = "file name.xls", i know that this works only if the file that
    i want to copy is kept open, and it works fine in my pc, and in some other
    pcs that i tried. But it wont on majority of other machines in the network.
    Please can anybody help??

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Please help : Macro doesnt work on other PCs

    You have a sheet name file name.xls

    that would be very unusual.

    Is the error Subscript out of Range (error 9)?

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peter Huang [MSFT]
    Guest

    RE: Please help : Macro doesnt work on other PCs

    Hi Joson,

    Did TOM's suggestion help you?
    If you still have any concern, please feel free to post here.

    Best regards,

    Peter Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support