More e-mail problems

  1. #1
    Maury Markowitz
    Guest

    More e-mail problems

    I'm still having problems e-mail sheets out of Excel.

    One set of methods uses activeworkbook.SendMail Recipients:="bla bla bla".
    This method always complains that "one of the recipients could not be found",
    when the address is in the format (domain changed to protect the innocent)
    "[email protected];[email protected];[email protected]". I have also tried placing
    an additional semi at the end, and using commas. No dice.

    Additionally this method (.SendMail) does not appear to exist on the Excel
    2002 machine I intended it to run on. Does anyone know when .SendMail was
    added to Excel?

    Another problem is that I tried using Outlook Reunion, but it doesn't seem
    to have any effect. I'm still being asked a whole whack of times to click OK.
    Any ideas here?

    Maury

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: More e-mail problems

    Recipients is looking for an array of strings (email addresses)

    Recipients:=Array("[email protected]","[email protected]","[email protected]")

    From help on SendMail

    Recipients Required Variant. Specifies the name of the recipient as text,
    or as an array of text strings if there are multiple recipients. At least
    one recipient must be specified, and all recipients are added as To
    recipients.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Maury Markowitz" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Maury Markowitz
    Guest

    Re: More e-mail problems

    That's one, thanks!

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: More e-mail problems

    See for the other things

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

    And

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Maury Markowitz
    Guest

    Re: More e-mail problems

    "Ron de Bruin" wrote:

    > http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

    (2) seemed interesting, but turned out not to be the problem. The MAPIX is
    indeed set to 1, and I could not find any xlb's -- well I did, but only
    backups, no originals (weird).

    Then I noticed in passing that all components have to be the same version.
    It appears someone upgraded Outlook on that machine to 2003, everything else
    is 2002. I'm going to assume this is the problem.

    You might want to make that -- the version issue -- in its own section, and
    I would recommend making it #1 on the list!

    You'd think that with 10 years they would have solved DLL hell by now. *sigh*

    Maury

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: More e-mail problems

    Ron,
    I have to send a file out to a group of people which I have email addresses
    for in an Excel sheet. However, there is another group that also needs to get
    this file, but I don't have their addresses loaded. The only source is emails
    that I have received from them, which are sitting in a folder in Outlook
    named Inbox-BFP.
    Is there any way to use a macro to look at all emails in this folder,
    capture the email address, write it to an Excel spreadsheet and exclude
    duplicate email addresses?

    Thanks!

    David