MY ARRAY FORMULA IS SLOW IF DATA LIST IS MORE THAN 10000R0WS

  1. #1
    S.DURAIVEL - ABU DHABI
    Guest

    MY ARRAY FORMULA IS SLOW IF DATA LIST IS MORE THAN 10000R0WS

    My array formula works very slower if the data list is more than 10000 rows
    and 200 columns. This situation i could not avoid also. Dsum kind of approach
    does not meet my complex requirement. pl. suggest

  2. #2
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: MY ARRAY FORMULA IS SLOW IF DATA LIST IS MORE THAN 10000R0WS

    it would help if you posted the formula..
    and explain how the data is organized (sorting, alpha(numeric) etc)

    but yes.. i'd say array formulas on multiple columns
    on 10000 rows of data takes processing time.

    also you do not say if the arrayformula is entered in
    an array of cells or just returns 1 value in 1 cell.

    possible scenarios:
    add a "helper" column with true/false formulae
    then do a simple sumif.

    write a custom function in VBA
    (possibly not fast enough..)

    --