Formulas Not Calculating in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    VexedFist
    Guest

    Formulas Not Calculating in Excel 2003

    I have multiple formulas set to add various cells.
    There are values in the cells but the SUM function brings back a value of
    ZERO.

    For Example:

    Cell A1 =SUM(A2:A5)

    Cell A2 24
    Cell A3 24
    Cell A4 24
    Cell A5 24

    Cell A1 shows ZERO.

    If I double click or hit the F2 Key followed by the Enter Key, then the
    Formulas will see the value in the cell I edited. I tried changing the cell
    Format type. I even did Copy-Paste Special-values, using multiple format
    types.

    I verified that Auto Calculation is ON. I have not had this problem before.
    and since my Macro are addind Hundreds and sometime thousands of cellls....

    Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Formulas Not Calculating in Excel 2003

    Your numbers are Text.

    Simply re-formatting will not change this fact.

    You have to get Excel to coerce them a little.

    Format cells to General.

    Copy an empty cell.

    Select the range of data and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP