Pasting into another application usin Excel VBA

  1. #1

    Pasting into another application usin Excel VBA

    Is there any way to paste data from the clipboard into another program using a command button in VBA for excel ? I want to be able to paste information from Excel to .. say ..an already open and running notepad .. without having to click over to notepad. Any idea if this is possible ? I know those smiley programs can paste into other applications .. just not sure if excel vba can handle it. thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Pasting into another application usin Excel VBA

    If you cannot create a reference to the object to which you want to paste,
    you can always use the sendkeys method in Excel.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Pasting into another application usin Excel VBA

    If you want to put your data in a text file, that can be done pretty easily.
    (then you could open it in Notepad using the Shell command)
    If you actually want to paste it in Notepad, then you can look at the
    sendkeys command.

    Tom Ogilvy

    "SystemHack" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...