Pivot Table, Limit 255 rows, Invert rows and column

  1. #1
    xav
    Guest

    Pivot Table, Limit 255 rows, Invert rows and column

    I create a pivot table from a worksheet where there is row data like:

    Date - Product - Quantity

    The pivot table shows the product in the rows and the date in the
    columns and finally display the sum of the quantity in the middle. (I
    hide the column for all the previous date and only keep the current
    date, but unfortunately I can only hide the other date as their
    quantities are used in the calculation)
    My problem is if I've got more than 255 dates (I want to display the
    information on one year) the last data are shrinked from the pivot
    table and I lose the information. I can still reverse rows and column
    (there are less than 255 products) but it hard to read the pivot table.
    Is there a way to copy only the displayed cells (not hidden) and paste
    them in the a different sheet. And moreover is it possible to invert
    the rows and columns?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table, Limit 255 rows, Invert rows and column

    Possibly select the table, then Edit=>Goto=>Special and select Visible
    cells.

    then do your copy and paste to a new sheet.

    Depending on the size of the data, you can then copy this data, and on
    another sheet, do paste => Special and select transpose.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    xav
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table, Limit 255 rows, Invert rows and column

    That seems to work fine. But is possible to create a sheet with 255
    rows and 65000 columns instead of the opposite.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table, Limit 255 rows, Invert rows and column

    the row and column dimensions are fixed. It has been announced that the
    next version of excel will have a million rows and A to ZZZ columns (as I
    recall).