Cell Blink or message if cells date = today date

  1. #1
    al007
    Guest

    Cell Blink or message if cells date = today date

    How can I get a message indicating which cells - if date in existing
    cells(ie date already input) = today's date
    Can anybody help pls

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Cell Blink or message if cells date = today date

    I'd use conditional formatting to do this, but it will change the format of
    the cell, it can't make it blink.

    Assuming you have selected cell C7, use

    FORMAT -> CONDITIONAL FORMATTING -> FORMULA IS
    =C7=TODAY()

    And set your format for the cell.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Cell Blink or message if cells date = today date

    Hi AL007,

    Try using conditional formatting with the condition:

    Formula is: =A1=Today()

    where A1 is the first cell of interest.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  4. #4

    Try it out.....

    Hi,

    I do not know how could you blink the cell but you may create a BEEP sound if condition is matched. Code is as follows:

    Sub Match_Criteria()
    If (CONDITION) Then
    BEEP

  5. #5
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Cell Blink or message if cells date = today date

    The following sub uses a named range, DateArea, and checks each cell in that
    range for a value equal to the current date. If a match is found the
    interior of the cell is colored red, and if it isn't a match the interior
    color is set to none.

    This would remove any previously highlighted cell coloring and just color
    the ones with the current date.

    The named range would encompass the entire worksheet area that you want to
    check for dates.

    Hope this helps

    Sub ColorMeToday()

    Dim rng As Range
    Dim l As Long
    Dim lCounter As Long

    Set rng = Range("DateArea")

    rng.Range("A1").Select
    l = Range("DateArea").Cells.Count
    For lCounter = 1 To l
    If Range("DateArea").Cells(lCounter) = Date Then
    Range("DateArea").Cells(lCounter).Interior. _
    Color = vbRed
    Else
    Range("DateArea").Cells(lCounter).Interior. _
    ColorIndex = xlNone
    End If
    Next lCounter

    Set rng = Nothing