Setting an Essbase Option using code

  1. #1
    Nigel
    Guest

    Setting an Essbase Option using code

    Hopefully someone can answer this question

    I have declatred some functions in a module and one of these statements is

    Declare Function EssVSetGlobalOption Lib "ESSEXCLN.XLL" (ByVal Item As Long,
    ByVal globalOption As Variant) As Long

    I want to set the zoom option in essbase to next level (which is the first
    option on the zoom tab), and am not sure how to do this, any help would be
    appreciated

    I am not sure of the format using the EssVSetGlobalOption Function

    Thanks,

    If you wish to discuss by phone, email me number to call at [email protected]

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Setting an Essbase Option using code

    I'm pretty sure you should use the EssVSetSheetOption function. I've included
    the declaration and the item/option settings for you:

    Declare Function EssVSetSheetOption Lib "ESSEXCLN.XLL" (ByVal sheetName As
    Variant, ByVal item As Variant, ByVal sheetOption As Variant) As Long

    Item Option Expected Data Type
    ---- -------------------------------------- ------------------
    '1 Specify drill level setting Number
    ' 1 Next level
    ' 2 All levels
    ' 3 Bottom level
    ' 4 Sibling level
    ' 5 Same level
    ' 6 Same generation
    ' 7 Calc level
    '2 Enable Include-selection setting Boolean
    '3 Enable Within Selection Group setting Boolean
    '4 Enable Remove Unselected Group setting Boolean
    '5 Specify Indent setting Number
    ' 1 No indentation
    ' 2 Indent sub items
    ' 3 Indent totals
    '6 Enable suppress missing setting Boolean
    '7 Enable suppress zeros setting Boolean
    '8 Enable suppress underscores setting Boolean
    '9 Specify alias for missing text Text
    '10 Enable update mode setting Boolean
    '11 Enable Retain formula on Retrieval Boolean
    '12 Enable adjust columns setting Boolean
    '13 Enable alias names setting Boolean
    '14 Specify alias names table setting Text
    '15 Enable template retrieve mode Boolean
    '16 Enable free form/Version-2.x mode Boolean
    '17 Eable auto sort rows setting Boolean
    '18 Enable use styles Boolean
    '19 Specify No Access label Text
    '20 (Not Used)
    '21 Retain formula on Keep/Remove Only Boolean
    '22 Enable Retain formula on Zooms Boolean
    '23 Enable Formula Fill setting Boolean
    '24 Enable Both Member Name and Alias Boolean
    '25 Enable Repeat Member Labels setting Boolean
    '26 Enable Sheet Query Designer Option Boolean
    '27 Enable Latest Time Period Boolean
    '28 Specify Latest Time Period Text

    I hope that helps?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Nigel
    Guest

    RE: Setting an Essbase Option using code

    thanks,

    on the code tho, I am trying to set the global options to set the zoom level
    to next and not all members

  4. #4
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Setting an Essbase Option using code

    That functionality is in what I posted....
    This statement sets the drill down option for the workbook to "next level"

    EssSetSheetOption "Sample.xls",1,1

    > Item Option Expected Data Type
    > ---- -------------------------------------- ------------------
    > '1 Specify drill level setting Number
    > ' 1 Next level
    > ' 2 All levels
    > ' 3 Bottom level
    > ' 4 Sibling level
    > ' 5 Same level
    > ' 6 Same generation
    > ' 7 Calc level

    (Note: Since I'm not at work today, I can't test it.)

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  5. #5
    Nigel
    Guest

    RE: Setting an Essbase Option using code

    aaaaaaaaaaah, to much eggnog

    Thanks

    Have a Happy New Year and enjopy your time off

    Nigel

  6. #6
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Setting an Essbase Option using code

    Thanks for the feedback....I'm glad I could help.

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro