Excel Web Query not working!

  1. #1

    Excel Web Query not working!

    Hello there.
    I've been using the excel web query functionality at home and at the
    office for a while now to retrieve stock quotes from yahoo finance.
    recently however it stopped working on two of my 3 machines!
    More specifically its the queries that require one to be logged in that
    have stopped working.

    I get an error message saying that "The Internet site reports that a
    conenction was extablished but the Data is not available"

    After reading the topics here and at other places on the web i tried:

    1) Rolling back using system restore (to get rid of any updates that
    couldve broken this)
    2) Adding a .html in my query (ie finance.yahoo.com/p.html?v&k=pf_2)
    3) Reinstalling MS Office

    I am running Win XP SP2 and IE 6

    All help is much appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Excel Web Query not working!

    You did not say anything about your computers OS, excel version and method
    of getting the info. Perhaps you should post your url or you may prefer to
    goto the yahoo groups xltraders and download a free file of mine under
    author donalb36

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]