Help needed with setting up a complex directive

  1. #1
    cxlough41
    Guest

    Help needed with setting up a complex directive

    i am running xp and office 2003 pro.

    i need to take income information (wb1) such as;
    1. date
    2. "cash" or the check no.
    3. amount
    and send it to a different workbook (wb2).

    i need to take any outstanding amount still owed (this can be found on same
    page(wb1)) and place it in (wb2).

    i need to take job no. (wb1, sheet2) and place in (wb2), this cell should
    auto create a hyperlink back to the page where income report is in (wb1, for
    viewing/reviewing).

    (wb2) needs to autosave after transfer of cell contents.

    All of this together needs to take place just b4 (wb1) save/close, or every
    time there is a change in income report worksheet(wb1), whether or not (wb1)
    has been saved with the info/change. NO REPEATS

    following are the cells and sheet names along with needs;

    (wb1)= CT-MCWB005a

    customer info= sheet2

    job#= I14:J14(merged)((this cell has a long equation which self generates
    the job # based on other cell contents))**this info needs to goto (wb2),
    (wb2)needs to check this info for a date(part of job#), then (wb2) needs to
    place this info in the proper month in column "A"
    jan= A16 - A57
    feb= A67 - A108
    mar= A118 - A159
    apr= A169 - A210
    follow this pattern for entire year till dec which is A577 - A617 and jan
    next yr= A628 - A666

    income report= sheet16

    Date Ck Recvd= G16:G27 goto ((wb2),column b (all of these same row as job#))
    Check#=H16:H27 goto ((wb2), col c
    Amount= J16:J27 goto ((wb2), col e
    outstanding= C15:D15(merged) goto ((wb2), col d
    if multiple checks recvd on a single job number all must be listed

    this is what it should look like:
    (wb2)
    A B C
    D E
    invoice # date recvd Check no. outstanding
    amount recvd
    BEMI010606 01/16 322 10.00
    1623.65
    01/20 345 0.00
    10.00

    in this example in the invoice # BEMI is useless but 010606 is the date
    customer called, this is also the workbook file name when saved. notice the
    10.00 outstanding... this should update to 0.00 in all relative cells to this
    invoice, if paid in full. outstanding should only have a value if still owed
    to me.

    (wb2)= CT-IR-MCWB

    i will take care of entering the full path for saving if you can note where
    to add.

    i think this will do it.

    incase it is needed - the formula for the job number is:
    =(UPPER(LEFT(C12,2))&UPPER(LEFT(C10,2))&TEXT(MONTH(I1),"00")&TEXT(DAY(I1),"00")&RIGHT(YEAR(I1),2)&"-"&TEXT(HOUR(H1),"00")&TEXT(MINUTE(H1),"00"))

    Hope some one can help this is just crazy to me. Thanks in advance for any
    help.

  2. #2
    cxlough41
    Guest

    RE: Help needed with setting up a complex directive

    *NOTE - if value of cell containing chk # in (wb1) is blank or "cash" (wb2)
    should return a value equal to "cash"