Late Binding Issues

  1. #1
    ben
    Guest

    Late Binding Issues

    --
    When you lose your mind, you free your life.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

    INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

    INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

    Address some of the issues.

    Tom Ogilvy

  3. #3
    ben
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    sorry tom see post above for text

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    look and use the /regserver switch

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    ben
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    Good thought,

    I tried that already, tried it again just now.

    says the "The Command Line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are
    using."

  6. #6
    ben
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    this behaviour is by design

  7. #7
    ben
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    So evidently SP3 removes the outlook key, and they don't want you to
    re-install it. Does this mean that Microsoft is removing automation
    compatibility for Outlook?

  8. #8
    ben
    Guest

    Re: Late Binding Issues

    For anyone reading this post there seems to be a work-around albeit not as
    useful.

    Using

    set olApp = GetObject( , "Outlook.Application")

    this method will fail if outlook is not open, so I tell the user to Open
    outlook and press retry or just cancel the function.