Multiple versions of excel ...

  1. #1
    John Keith
    Guest

    Multiple versions of excel ...

    I have Office2003 loaded, I discovered the error of my ways when farming out
    VBA that I develop to PCs running eariler versions.

    I just loaded Office2000 so I have a test platform for trying earlier
    versions... but All of my Start program icons are all messed up. I never can
    tell which version I am going to get... (kind of like Forest Gump's
    chocolates)

    I am running Win2000 with SP4...
    What is the best/simplest way to:
    1) make a folder in Start>Programs>Office2000>(show each office 2000 app)
    2) make a folder in Start>Programs>Office2003>(show each office 2003 app)
    3) default the xls (or all office extensions) files so that when launching
    it will automatically use 2003.

    Or is there a better way to set up my VBA development environment?

    I can't seem to make a new folder in START>PROGRAMS>_______ is that
    controlled by the registry? Is there some sequence to redo the Installs so
    that I can accomplish seperating the versions?

    John

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Multiple versions of excel ...

    The easiest way is to install the earliest version first,etc
    I have xl95,xl97sr2,xl2002 all installed.

    You can go into folder options>file types>find xls>change to browse for the
    exe.

    \--
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JNW
    Guest

    Re: Multiple versions of excel ...

    If you've got the budget, I've heard Virtual PC is handy. You can run
    multiple OS and office versions at once.

  4. #4
    John.Greenan
    Guest

    RE: Multiple versions of excel ...