export excel data to another sheet

  1. #1

    export excel data to another sheet

    Hi,
    I am working on a bunch of statistic daily and would like to store the statistic on a daily basis. I want to create a button in a spreadsheet (data.xls) and once I press it it will export the "useful" data to another excel file (Turnover.xls). Both of the file will be located in the same directory. I am not sure what functions to use to copy certain cells from data.xls to Turnover.xls. How should I refer to Turnover.xls file? do I use the workbook function? PLEASE help!!! thanks.

  2. #2
    DaveO
    Guest

    RE: export excel data to another sheet

    No problems here.

    My suggestion...

    Record a macro that copies all of your 'useful' data and pastes it into
    another sheet.

    Edit the macro in the VB Editor.

    Workbooks are objects and thus have properties. Therefore you can have this...

    ActiveWorkbook.Name

    So create 2 str variables, strData and strTurnover.

    Then...

    strData = ActiveWorkbook.Name
    strTurnover = Workbook("Turnover").Name

    You can then reference both sheets by using this command.

    Workbook({Enter str variable for the sheet you want}).Activate

    HTH.

  3. #3

    recording macro

    I want to record it in another file, not another sheet. How can I record the macro? Please explain, I am a newbie here. Thanks very much for your help.

  4. #4

    Macro problem

    I have one excel sheet which is exported from some other programme. There are several blocks in it. Each block is seperated by one or two blank rows. I want to seperate these blocks in different excel tabs. How can I do that? Can anyone helpme for this?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-10-2006 at 07:25 AM.