Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

  1. #1
    Benedikt Fridbjornsson
    Guest

    Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

    Hi

    The sales budget in my company for the year 2006 is done on month level. Is
    there some way for me to divide the budget to day level?

    best regards

    Benedikt F

    Computer department

    Iceland Seafood Int

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

    Benedikt,

    Does day level simply mean dividing monthly figure by the number of days in
    the month or it working days?

  3. #3
    Benedikt F
    Guest

    Re: Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

    Hi

    It would be better if it is working days. But dividing monthly figure by the
    number of day in the month would also be great. I am going to import the
    budget into sql server and create olap cube so everyone in my company is
    going to be able to see the budget on month, week and day level.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

    Hi,

    Couple of routines to calculate calendar & working days (Monday to
    Friday) in a given month:

    Function NumberOfWorkdays(Y As Integer, M As Integer)
    nDays = DaysInMonth(Y, M)
    n = 0
    For i = 1 To nDays
    ' Sunday=1 ....
    If Weekday(DateSerial(Y, M, i)) >= 2 And Weekday(DateSerial(Y, M, i)) <= 6
    Then
    n = n + 1
    End If
    Next i
    NumberOfWorkdays = n
    End Function

    Function DaysInMonth(Y As Integer, M As Integer) As Integer
    DaysInMonth = Day(DateSerial(Y, M + 1, 0))
    End Function

    Sub test()
    MsgBox NumberOfWorkdays(2006, 1)
    End Sub