Solver does not solve when called from a macro

  1. #1
    mjd918
    Guest

    Solver does not solve when called from a macro

    We're having a problem using the solver in a macro. Using Excel 2000, two
    users run the same file off a newtork share. The has a macro that calls the
    solver. One it works for, the other it does not. They both have SP1. They
    have the same Solver XLA and its referenced in the macro.

    When it does not work for the user, we can manually use the solver to get
    the answer. We recorded a macro of the manual solver, but when we run the
    macro the solver doesn't work.

    There are no errors, just the solver does nothing.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Solver does not solve when called from a macro

    Macros disabled on that computer? See Tools>Options>Security, Macro Security

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    mjd918
    Guest

    Re: Solver does not solve when called from a macro

    I checked and its on "medium".

    Any other ideas?

  4. #4
    mjd918
    Guest

    Re: Solver does not solve when called from a macro

    I also want to add that no error is given, just the solver does not solve.

    We're going to try and back up the version from SP2 to SP1 to see if that
    resolves it. MS reports a known problem using a solver from macro in SP3.