Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

  1. #1
    Sukh
    Guest

    Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

    Firstly a bit of background. I have a report which is run from a seperate
    database to determine candidates who have not been contacted for more than
    six weeks. I export the results of the report into excel and run a macro to
    delete uneccessary information, and to "pretty up" the spreadsheet.

    Information on the spreadsheet is calculated with a formula which is input
    bu the macro, and determines the number of weeks since the candidates were
    last contacted, i.e. =(today()-b3)/7, in column E. I was wondering whether
    it was possible to edit the code to determine how long it has been since the
    cadidate was last contacted, and based on that, colour the cell either, red,
    yellow or green.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

    Hi Sukh,

    Try using Excel's Conditional Format feature.

    If you are not familiar with this feature, see Debra Dalgleish at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sukh
    Guest

    Re: Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

    Sorry, I know about the conditional formatting, but i wanted to get around
    that, because there are more than three conditions.

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

    Hi Sukh,

    See XlDynamic's CHPlus page at:

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

    ---

  5. #5
    Sukh
    Guest

    Re: Changing Background Colour Based on Cell Contents

    Thanks