IF = text Show "NIL" ..?

  1. #1

    IF = text Show "NIL" ..?

    A new problem has arisen.

    I want to create a formula that will check if a certain cell has any text and if so show that text in another cell. If there is no text, I want excel to show nothing. I think standard is 0.

    Any ideas..?
    // Jonatan

    Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: IF = text Show "NIL" ..?

    See one answer in response to your post in m.p.e.misc.

    Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It tends to
    fragment any answers you receive, and it potentially wastes the time of
    those answering questions that have already been answered.

    For tips on using these groups effectively, see

    http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

    In article <[email protected]>,
    JonatanRaven

  3. #3
    Moscow

    Smile IF = text Show "NIL" ..?

    Yes zero is the correct answer in this case. However you are asking the formular to put it in another cell (in this case we will say cell D1), I can only guess you are trying to say that for example the information is in C1 and the formular is in D1 and you are saying that if A1 = B1 then put that information in cell D1 if that is the case then yes zero is correct. The way that I normally would do it is =if(A1=B1,C1,if(A1=B1,D1,0)). I hope this is of help to you but please bare in mind I am only new to this bussines of helping other people I am normally asking other people for help. But I am only to happy help if I can.

    Paul Maynard

    Moscow

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JE McGimpsey
    See one answer in response to your post in m.p.e.misc.

    Please don't post the same question in multiple newsgroups. It tends to
    fragment any answers you receive, and it potentially wastes the time of
    those answering questions that have already been answered.

    For tips on using these groups effectively, see

    http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

    Yes, sorry, I was a bit too quick to reload and I didn't realize I'd posted it in two different categories..

    I got the help I needed, thx..