copy and paste formulas that apply to multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Help with copy and pasting
    Guest

    copy and paste formulas that apply to multiple worksheets

    i have 7 work sheets that are all have information that is going on a master
    sheet. i have a the equation written that adds the sum of say cell A1 on all
    7 sheets. but when i copy and paste it it doesn't update the row number
    (i.e. instead of being the sum of all A2, it just pastes all A1 info). How
    do i fix this!!?? Help

  2. #2
    Executor
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste formulas that apply to multiple worksheets

    Hi,

    I have tried your problem and do not get it.
    I guess that there is a problem in the formula.
    I have tried
    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!A1)
    this copies correctly
    If i try
    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!$A$1)
    the problem occurs

    Hoop this helps,

    Executor

  3. #3
    Help with copy and pasting
    Guest

    Re: copy and paste formulas that apply to multiple worksheets

    ok, here is the idea: sheet1boxA1+sheet2boxA1+sheet3boxA1+etc. then taking
    that formula and moving it forward throughout the sheet. i.e-
    sheet1boxA2+sheet2boxA2+sheet3boxA2 and so on and so forth, all going to the
    master worksheet. does that help ?