Specifying criteria in Excel for Access Query

  1. #1
    Troubled User
    Guest

    Specifying criteria in Excel for Access Query

    Assume I have a table in Access that has two fields: ID and Name. In Excel I
    have a Drop List containing all of the Name(s) used in Field Name. Assume I
    store the result of the selected Name from the Drop list in field Input!A1.
    What I need to do is pass the value in Input!A1 into the query as a variable
    constraint. I don't know the syntax for doing this. Please help.

    WB

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Specifying criteria in Excel for Access Query

    Hi Troubled User

    I add a new page to my site today
    See the second example workbook in the zip file
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl