How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

  1. #1
    Needhelp242
    Guest

    How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    I need to take 700 addresses telnet to them / menu through 3 pages then
    extract the data from three area's and place it into an excel spreadsheet
    automatically. This involves 700 multiple IP address, login (all should be
    same), password (same), entering menu option 1 twice then take the
    information parse it then take only what I need and enter it into a premade
    spreadsheet.

    Anyone have ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    Why do you need to telnet to* 700* machines and why did you decide
    Excel was the tool for the job?

    Just wondering ...

  3. #3
    Needhelp242
    Guest

    Re: How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    Bosses orders! It would take forever to do it manually. can you help?

  4. #4

    Re: How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    I can help if you can use ANT and Java.

    Sorry.

  5. #5

    Re: How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    BTW, it looks like your "boss" is trying to break into a computer
    system.

  6. #6
    Needhelp242
    Guest

    Re: How to auto extract data from TELNET and enter in excel

    No Not at all. Gathering large WAN statisitics for 3500 network system.
    seeking statistics on measurable circuit errors reported by all CSU's. It
    would be nice to have a program I could drop the ip address in then have it
    automate the results to a blank speadsheet or to a comma delimated file.