Get two Values from closed Workbooks

  1. #1

    Red face Get two Values from closed Workbooks

    Hello Excelworld

    I'm Roger Larsson from Sweden and it's my first time in this forum.

    How do I get Two (or more) Values from each closed Workbook in a folder that contains only .xls-files. There will be new files all the time. The Range of the Values could be i.e "G6" and "H54". I don't want the Workbooks to be opened, instead I prefere to use i.e "GetValuesFromAClosedWorkbook".

    Why do I look for help?

    Each .xls-file in the folder has a unique name. i.e 1002.xls
    I'm using a Macro that list all the files as Hyperlinks in a new Workbook. (Fakturalista.xls).Sheet("Fakturalista").Column A. Now I want to get the Values above and put them in Column B and C. For this I want to use the same Macro.

    The Hyperlink Macro is attached. How do i get this Macro to start the list in Row 4 instead of Row 1?

    Thank's for your help Roger
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Get two Values from closed Workbooks

    Hi Roger,

    See Ron de Bruin at:

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm#folder

    See particularly Ron's GetData_Example4().

    Very properly, few in this group would be prepared to open unknown
    attachments.

    If you still have problems, post the relevant code.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Only one value works

    Hello Norman.

    Thank you for tip (Ron's GetData_Example4()). It's working, but I still don't know how to get two separated Values i.e "G6" and "H54". And how do I get the list in the new worksheet to start in i.e Row 4?

    Reg.

    Roger Larsson