Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Gareth
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting

    Is it possible to check all VISIBLE rows on all VISIBLE sheets in a file to
    see if there any cells with conditional formatting in them.

    I use cond. formatting as follows:

    Formula Is =H7="" and a color would be applied to the cell if it was blank
    (34). I want to check all visible sheets and visible rows in those sheets
    for any empty cells with this cond. format.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Your help much appreciated as usual.

    Gareth

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting

    You could just add a helper column that tests the same condition as the CF,
    and this will show TRUE or FALSE. If filtered, it only shows visible cells
    anyway.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting

    I searched on Conditional formatting, and there was a post from 2004 which
    seems to answer your question

    Sub Tester02()
    Dim Rng As Range
    Dim myCount As Long

    On Error Resume Next
    Set Rng = Columns("A:IV").SpecialCells _
    (xlCellTypeAllFormatConditions)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
    myCount = Rng.Count
    Else
    myCount = 0
    End If
    MsgBox myCount

    End Sub

    I forgot who originally posted it (so please note this is not my code, and
    credit should go yto the person who originally wrote it), but it is very very
    fast.

    If you need to find out where the CF is, then you can amend it to search
    through the sheets as you want.

    Alan Hutchins

  4. #4
    JakeyC
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting

    >From Help:

    To find all cells that have conditional formatting (conditional format:
    A format, such as cell shading or font color, that Excel automatically
    applies to cells if a specified condition is true.), click any cell.
    To find cells that have conditional formatting settings identical to
    the settings of a specific cell, click the specific cell.

    On the Edit menu, click Go To.
    Click Special.
    Click Conditional formats.
    Do one of the following:
    To find cells with any conditional formatting, click All below Data
    validation.

    To find cells with identical conditional formats, click Same below Data
    validation.