Absolute hyperlink

  1. #1
    Robert
    Guest

    Absolute hyperlink

    Gents I'm using VBA in Excel to created hyperlinks to files. VBA
    creates absolute hyperlinks and this works fine. But when I save the
    file on the same server it changes the hyperlink from absolute to
    relative, which conflicts with other features in my VBA code. Could
    anybody please help me with this?

  2. #2

    Re: Absolute hyperlink

    You could try changing the hyperlink base to c:\.

    File|properties|summary tab

    But I'd use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. I've never seen it fail.

    =hyperlink("File:////\\server\path\filename.ext","Click me")