My Excel drop-down list eliminates from list options chosen. Help

  1. #1
    Sybil
    Guest

    My Excel drop-down list eliminates from list options chosen. Help

    I set up a drop-down list for my spreadsheet with the options "Fax, Mail,
    Pick-up, Interoffice". When I pick fax, the next block in that column only
    gives me the options, "Mail, Pick-up, Interoffice". If I pick one of those
    three, the next block has two options. I want to be able to reuse the options
    multiple times.

    I selected the range G3-G40, went under the Data menu, picked Validation,
    picked List from the Allow drop-down box, and entered "=(J2-J5)" in the
    Source text box.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: My Excel drop-down list eliminates from list options chosen. Help

    Sybil
    Source should be of the form "=$j$2:$j$5"

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: My Excel drop-down list eliminates from list options chosen. Help

    "=(J2-J5)"

    change to =($J$2:$J$5)

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...