How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

  1. #1
    Minitman
    Guest

    How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Greetings,

    I would like to use a MsgBox to choose between two choices ("New" and
    "Modify"). In checking the VBA help, there is no option listed for
    custom button captions. Is this a limit of Excel 2003 or did I miss
    something?

    Any suggestions or insights will be appreciated. Thanks.

    -Minitman

  2. #2
    David Frette
    Guest

    RE: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Short Answer:
    No, it's not a limit of Excel. And no, you can't use custom buttons, either.

    Long Answer:
    MsgBox is a function found in the VBA library (vba.MsgBox() ).
    The limits are not based on Execl version, but rather the VBA library
    version. Since I don't have 2003, I can't tell you what version of VBA is
    used. I guess that it's the same VBA library as found on my machine, which is
    found in the msvbvm60.dll object library.

    HTH.

    Dave

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Most likely you'll need to create a custom form for this.

    Tim

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    I have some code to do this but it is somewhat flaky, you can have it if you
    want, but I would suggest you use Tim's custom form solution.

    RP

  5. #5
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Hey Dave,

    Thanks for the reply. It was not what I was hoping for, but I was
    expecting it.

    -Minitman

  6. #6
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Hey Tim,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I can do that, I was hoping for an easier solution. Oh well, thus is
    life.

    -Minitman

  7. #7
    Minitman
    Guest

    Re: How Do I Get Custom Captions For MsgBox Buttons

    Hey Bob,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I wouldn't mind looking at your solution, I could learn something from
    it. Tim's solution might be the most practical, but yours sounds more
    'interesting'(Lord save us from interesting times!!! <G>).

    If you don't mind, I would like to look at your code.

    Thanks.

    -Minitman