Table sorting questions

  1. #1
    Bri
    Guest

    Table sorting questions

    Hello

    I'm fairly new at this and could really use some assistance with an Athletic
    Score Sheet. Here's the situation, simplified:

    Worksheet1 has columns as shown. Column X's values are based on a formula,
    not just values.

    A B C ... X

    # firstName lastName FinalScore
    123 Smith Becky 35.15
    125 Jones Suzie 37.125
    129 McNabb Jenny 0.000
    130 Noorudin Shalla 33.875
    134 Bianco Lalia
    139 Ford Henrietta 34.266

    the table in WS1 would have several more blank rows at the bottom. There
    are 30 data rows in the whole table.

    Now, WorkSheet2 is linked to WorkSheet1, showing only columns A, B, C, X
    ranked descending by FinalScore.

    Here's my problem:

    a) WorkSheet2 needs to rank the data by column X 'on the fly'. I can do
    a Data/Sort...on WS2 to rank the data, but when values in WS1 change, I
    need WS2 to be resorted automatically.

    b) In WS2, athletes who scratch (no score) need to be placed below those
    who actually score 0.000. When I use Data/Sort... these end up at the
    top of the table.

    c) Completely blank lines in the WS1 table should stay at the bottom of
    the table in WS2, below any registered athletes who have no score.

    The outcome in WS2 should look like:

    A B C ... X

    # firstName lastName FinalScore
    125 Jones Suzie 37.125
    123 Smith Becky 35.15
    139 Ford Henrietta 34.266
    130 Noorudin Shalla 33.875
    129 McNabb Jenny 0.000
    134 Bianco Lalia

    .... more completely blank lines at the bottom of the table

    I'd HUGELY appreciate any help with this.

    Cheers, Bri

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Table sorting questions

    If you want to send me a copy of the file, I can set it up for you.

    [email protected]
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...