export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

  1. #1
    snaggy^^
    Guest

    export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

    I have in my "Summary" page a table which has four coloumns and an undefined
    number of rows. There's nothing under this table, so the firs white line
    means the end of it. I need a macro to export this table as a kind of backup,
    in a txt o cvs file.

    When i search the help file for it, i find just XML exporting, and mapping
    (by the way i don't understand what it is)

    bye

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

    Hi snaggy

    Try this that copy the csv in C:\

    Sub Save_ActiveSheet_CSV_File()
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim strdate As String
    Dim Fname As String
    strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
    Fname = "C:\Part of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
    & " " & strdate & ".csv"
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    ActiveSheet.Copy
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    With wb
    .SaveAs Fname, FileFormat:=xlCSV
    .Close False
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    snaggy^^
    Guest

    Re: export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

    That was perfect!
    Du you know how to extract the path of the current xls so that he can save
    the CVS in the same directory?

    thanks a lot

  4. #4
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

    Search XL VBA help for 'path' (w/o the quotes).

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > That was perfect!
    > Du you know how to extract the path of the current xls so that he can save
    > the CVS in the same directory?
    >
    > thanks a lot

    {snip}

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: export a non defined table as txt or cvs by VBA

    If you have try Tushar's advise your code looks like this

    Sub Save_ActiveSheet_CSV_File_2()
    Dim wb As Workbook
    Dim strdate As String
    Dim Fname As String
    strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")
    Fname = ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Part of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _