copy paste with key shortcuts

  1. #1
    pm
    Guest

    copy paste with key shortcuts

    how can i solve following problem:

    1. selecting range with coursor in excel sheet
    2. 1.st key shortcut that copy this range
    3. selecting cell (in another shhet/file)
    4. pasting (with second key shortcut) what was previously selected
    (but after transposition and horizontal flip).
    selected cell would be left and top cell of pasted range..

    and questions:
    - is it possible at all?
    - is it possible to run macro with key shortcut?
    - is it possible to run pasting in macro with another key shortcut?
    - is it possible to paste to active cell

    regards

  2. #2
    Kou Vang
    Guest

    RE: copy paste with key shortcuts

    Fist off,
    Is the Data being Selected for copy always the same in size? If so, then
    yes, a simple Macro could even be recorded, and slightly altered to do all
    that you ask.

  3. #3
    pm

    Kou Vang wrote:

    > Fist off,
    > Is the Data being Selected for copy always the same in size? If so, then
    > yes, a simple Macro could even be recorded, and slightly altered to do all
    > that you ask.

    No,

    range is usually in fifferent size, but question concern something else:

    how to operate macro with key shortcut?!

  4. #4
    Kou Vang
    Guest

    Re: copy paste with key shortcuts

    You will have the option of running the Macro with a Ctrl + keyboard key.
    So, the answer is yes. (of course you would not be allowed standard short
    cut options of ctrl+c or ctrl+v)

  5. #5
    pm

    Kou Vang wrote:

    > You will have the option of running the Macro with a Ctrl + keyboard key.
    > So, the answer is yes. (of course you would not be allowed standard short
    > cut options of ctrl+c or ctrl+v)

    i know that, but is a possibility of operating macro with shortcuts.

    ie. when pressed ctrl+shift+v then active range select and copy
    when pressed ctrl+shift+c the selected range paste with transposition and
    horizontal flip

    both shortcuts in one module...

  6. #6
    Kou Vang
    Guest

    Re: copy paste with key shortcuts

    Ok, sorry if I wasn't gettig it before. I don't believe you can do that in
    one module. You'll have to have two macros, with two short-cuts. Or you
    could experiment, write 2 macros, then copy code from one Macro to the other,
    and see if the short cuts work.