Removing non numeric rows

  1. #1
    Alan M
    Guest

    Removing non numeric rows

    HI I have a spreadsheet imported from a csv file . In column A I have a list
    of stock numbers which are 6 digit numerals. The file also has header columns
    and page headers etc which I need to remove so that I have a straight list of
    stock reocrds only to be able to sort etc.

    To do this I need to select all rows which do not have the numeric stock
    number value in column A. is there code to select non-numeric values?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Removing non numeric rows

    In an adjacent column add the formula

    =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"","X")

    and then do an autofilter on that column (Data>Autofilter), and select X,
    then just delete the visible rows.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan M
    Guest

    Re: Removing non numeric rows

    Sorry Bob,

    I did not make it clear..this operation is all being done within a macro
    which formats the listing to a clean list of all the stock records
    automatically.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Removing non numeric rows

    For i = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
    If Not Isnumeric(Cells(i,"A").Value) Then
    Rows(i).Delete
    End If
    Next i