Ctrl+Shift+Enter for arrays

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Ctrl+Shift+Enter for arrays

    Hi all,

    I have lots (and i do mean lots) of formulas that i need to change to arrays using the CTrl+Shift+Enter method.

    Is there a way i can do them as a group? Please don't say i have to do them individually!!

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Ctrl+Shift+Enter for arrays

    Unless you can drag or copy the formula then (to the best of my knowledge)
    you are stuck with Ctrl + Shift + Enter... It may be worthwile to rewrite the
    array formulas as sum product formulas... Here is a link...

    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson

  3. #3
    Ed
    Guest

    Re: Ctrl+Shift+Enter for arrays

    I've just begun to look into using array formulas in VBA code, so I have
    absolutely no experience with this. But would there be a way to put the
    cell's formula into a string, and then use the ForumlaArray property to
    reset it?

    Ed

    "Jim Thomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Kris

    Ed wrote:
    > I've just begun to look into using array formulas in VBA code, so I have
    > absolutely no experience with this. But would there be a way to put the
    > cell's formula into a string, and then use the ForumlaArray property to
    > reset it?
    >
    > Ed

    Yes, but you must know what you are doing.

    range("a1:g7").formulaarray = range("a1").formula

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    I'm not to sure myself Ed, and I don't fancy having to rewrite using sum product.

    What about using a procedure that when run, will go through a column of cells, Ctrl shifting and entering until a blank is found? Unfortunately I'm still pretty amateurish with looping and procedures...so anyone have any ideas?

    regards,

    chris

  6. #6
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    Re: Ctrl+Shift+Enter for arrays

    This should be a start for you. It converts all of the formulas in Column A
    to array formulas. You just need to change Sheet1, A1 and A...

    Sub MakeArray()
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim rngToConvert As Range
    Dim rngCurrent As Range

    Set wks = Sheets("Sheet1")
    With wks
    Set rngToConvert = .Range(.Range("A1"), .Cells(Rows.Count,
    "A").End(xlUp))
    End With
    For Each rngCurrent In rngToConvert
    rngCurrent.FormulaArray = rngCurrent.Formula
    Next rngCurrent

    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson