Nestling of functions

  1. #1
    Tomas Stroem
    Guest

    Nestling of functions

    I want to insert a certain number of row texts into 20 identical spreadsheets.
    When I copy the area I want to insert then my macro stops after the first of
    the 20 sheets.
    I use "for x=1 to 20" "Next x" to acheive the repeated copy.

    Is there a simple way to get the result i want?

    20 sheets in one Workbook

    The code I have is the following. It solves the problem but on slow machines
    in the organisation it takes time as I make three loops

    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"

    Sheets("Pos A").Select
    For x = 1 To 20
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"
    Range("a31").Select
    ActiveSheet.Next.Select
    Next x

    Sheets("Parametrar").Select
    Range("b40:e77").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Copy

    Sheets("Pos A").Select
    For x = 1 To 20
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    ActiveSheet.Next.Select
    Next x

    Sheets("Pos A").Select
    For x = 1 To 20
    Range("a12").Select
    Range("a2").Select
    Range("a1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="tomstr"
    ActiveSheet.Next.Select
    Next x

    Sheets("Projektbeskrivning").Select
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="tomstr"
    Range("a12").Select
    Range("a2").Select
    Range("a1").Select
    Tomas S

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Nestling of functions

    Does this work for you?

    Sheets("Parametrar").Range("b40:e77").Copy
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"
    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
    If sh.Name <> "Parametrar" Then
    sh.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"
    Sheets("Parametrar").Range("b40:e77").Copy _
    sh.Range("A1")
    sh.Protect Password:="tomstr"
    End If
    Next x
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="tomstr"

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tomas Stroem
    Guest

    Re: Nestling of functions

    Thanks Bob,

    Excellent help !
    This made it much better, but there is still one thing that this did not
    solve. There are more than the 20 Identical sheets in the file that contain
    different calculations. I have achieved to avoid the texts being copied to
    all but one of the sheets. I get a run-time
    error '1004' warning that "Cannot change part of a merged cell" and then the
    following code is highlighted

    Sheets("Parametrar").Range("b40:e77").Copy _
    sh.Range("A31")
    The mission is completed correctly but I dont want the error message to
    appear.
    ------

    The full code I use is inserted below

    Sheets("Parametrar").Select
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"

    Sheets("Parametrar").Range("b40:e77").Copy
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="tomstr"
    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
    If sh.Name <> "Parametrar" And sh.Name <> "Projektbeskrivning" And
    sh.Name
    <> "Fritexter" And sh.Name <> "Kassaflöde" And sh.Name <> "Provision & Bank"
    And sh.Name <> "Valutakurser" And sh.Name <> "Aktiva" And sh.Name <>
    "Sammanställning" And sh.Name <> "Valuta & Betalningsplan" Then

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Nestling of functions

    Get rid of the merged cells, they are more trouble than they are worth.

  5. #5
    Tomas Stroem
    Guest

    Re: Nestling of functions

    Actually, there where some hidden sheets in the file that I inherited, scilly
    but true. whein I included also these into the list of sheets not to be
    handled it worked 100% perfect. So i could leave the merged cells as they are.

    Many thanks for the help!!
    --
    Tomas S

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Nestling of functions

    I would still get rid of them. Another guy today had a macro that worked
    fine for 11 out of 12 ranges. It did a cut and paste of some data, and it
    failed on the one range because of ... merged cells.