Enable automatic refresh prompt

  1. #1
    Richard Edwards
    Guest

    Enable automatic refresh prompt

    I am trying to disable the automatic refresh prompt when loading a workbook.

    I have tried the Application.DisplayAlerts = False but no joy.

    Anyone help?

    Thank you.

    Richard

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Enable automatic refresh prompt

    If you are talking about updating links, in xl2002 and earlier, you can
    either have the links update with no prompt or be prompted. Code doesn't
    run before the question is asked and if you are opening the workbook with
    code from another workbook, I don't believe displayalerts will suppress
    this - however in that situation, you can just use the UpdateLinks argument
    in the workbook.Open command to suppress it.

    In Excel 2003 there is an option under Edit=>Links to suppress it.

    (I could be misremembering, but I don't believe this option was added until
    2003. If it was any earlier, it was xl2002, but I believe not).
    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Edwards
    Guest

    Re: Enable automatic refresh prompt

    The Edit=>Links is greyed out. This data refresh it is prompting for is for
    an ODBC link out to an Oracle Database...

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Enable automatic refresh prompt

    I am not familiar with that prompt - sorry.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:%231Mg%[email protected]...