How do I combine data from various Excel spreadsheets into one Excel spreadsheets

  1. #1
    SouthAfricanStan
    Guest

    How do I combine data from various Excel spreadsheets into one Excel spreadsheets

    As a real estate practitioner (newbie programmer in excel) I receive various
    schedules of vacant properties from different property companies.
    In each there are column headings, but the same data in each column of the
    various schedules is usually headed by similar (but not identical) labels.
    Eg in one schedule the heading may be "Area", and in another it would be
    "Size", in still in another it could be "square feet".
    To make matters worse the order of the columns may be different, i.e. "Area"
    could be in col "C" in one schedule, "Size" could be in col "F" of another,
    and so on.
    Is there any way I could combine all the data from the various schedules
    into one master schedule with column headings and positions of my choice? Or
    perhaps there is some freeware out there that can do this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Stan

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How do I combine data from various Excel spreadsheets into one Exc

    Stan,
    You would need a table which related each heading to a column
    for each company which could then be "converted" to your master listing
    heading and column.

    Something like:-

    Company Heading Column Master Heading Column
    A Area C Area B
    B Size F Area B
    C Square Feet B Area B

    If this can be done, then it should be relatively simple to build your
    master list.

    HTH