Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

  1. #1
    Bob Smedley
    Guest

    Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

    When trying to debug some of my code in step mode I get to this particular
    line and it just stops.

    ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("StatusData").Select
    On Error Resume Next
    >>> strTest = Range("Vision").Text <<<< stops on this line

    If (Err.Number <> 0) Or (strTest = "FALSE") Then

    The error object is not filled, nothing. It acts as is the statement was
    "End".

    I've also tried it with "strTest =
    Worksheets("StatusData").Range("Vision").Text" but does the same thing.

    strTest is Dim'd as a string.

    The range "Vision" that I am looking for does not exist (that's why I'm
    doing in line error checking).

    Any ideas why it would just stop without any notification of why in step
    mode but work properly when run normally?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

    There's no reason this should happen. I would run the code
    through Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner to clean out unnecessary code
    that VBA keeps around. See
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm .

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Bob Smedley" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

    You could put a On error statement at the top of the macro

    On Error goto Err_Handler

    And then, following your code you could place an error routine that looks
    something like

    Err_Handler:

    If Err.Number > 0 Then
    If Err.Number = 1004 Then
    strVal = "Range Not Found"
    Err.Clear
    Resume Next
    End If
    Else
    msgbox "Error Number: " & Err.Number & vbcrlf & _

    Kevin Backmann

  4. #4
    Bob Smedley
    Guest

    Re: Macro Works but not in Debug Step mode

    thanks for the suggestion. I cleaned the project with the neat app and it
    still just stops at that line.

    news:[email protected]...