showing a date as text in Concatenate

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    showing a date as text in Concatenate

    For this formula:

    =CONCATENATE(BB201, " on ",BE201)

    where BE201 is a cell with either a date, or a date and time,

    my problem is that while the value in the BE201 cell itself shows up
    formatted as a date and not the Excel value for the date, when I grab it as
    the second part of my concatenate string, it shows up as the numeric date
    value.

    Is there a way to have BE201 show up as text, say, 01/20/05 instead of
    38747???

    I have fiddled around with a few ideas, none of which seems to work. My
    thanks in advance for thoughts or a solution.

    Cheers! Brad

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: showing a date as text in Concatenate

    Use the following variant:

    =CONCATENATE(BB201, " on ",TEXT(BE201,"mm/dd/yyyy"))

    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3

    Re: showing a date as text in Concatenate

    =concatenate(bb201, " on ", text(be201,"mm/dd/yyyy"))
    or

  4. #4
    Carim
    Guest

    Re: showing a date as text in Concatenate

    Hi Brad,

    You are right Text() and Format() do not work ...
    I can only get it to work that way ...

    =CONCATENATE(BB201, " on ",DAY(BE201)&"/"&MONTH(BE201)&"/"&YEAR(BE201))

    HTH
    Cheers
    Carim