User-driven abort?

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    User-driven abort?

    Hi all,

    I have a procedure that randomizes data until certain criteria are met.

    Those criteria are user-driven, and if they enter in criteria that are too "tight" it could take a very long time for the randomization loops to compelte (and it's possible that they will NEVER compelte if the criteria are set too high)

    I'm using the status bar to show a loop count number (otherwise I have screenupdating set to false), but would like to instead have some sort of message box that shows the current loop count value and a big fat "Abort" button that lets the user stop the loop without using crtl-break

    Is this even possible in excel VBA? If it matters, screenupdating must be false, else the time it takes to execute a loop is too dependant on how fast the user's machine can redraw the data as it's randomized.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: User-driven abort?

    In a tight loop, a button could be troublesome.

    Look at the EnableCancelKey property of the application.Object

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...