How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

  1. #1
    البيانات
    Guest

    How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    I want to count the number of values in a raw compeised between >=45 to <=50
    The countif does not like 2 logic arguments
    Any help I would be gratful
    Jamal Hakem

  2. #2
    Glen
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    You could set up a variable just for keeping count.
    Dim counter as integer
    counter = 0
    'put the If/Then statement in a loop to check the rows

    If rowvalue >=45 OR rowvalue <=50 then
    counter = counter + 1

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    Hi Jamal,

    =COUNTIF(A:A,">=45")-COUNTIF(A:A,">50")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bill Schanks
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    I always like to use Sumproduct. It will allow you to count mulitple
    criteria, or sum mulitple critieria.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    SUMPRODUCT is useful, but is not as efficient as COUNTIF, and it cannot
    handle full columns as COUNTIF can.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Bill Schanks
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    I agree ... for 1 criteria countif/sumif work very well.

    The main reason I like sumproduct is because it will react to filters
    and only total the filtered rows. countif/sumif don't do that.

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    Not of itself it doesn't, you have to add other functions. Only SUBTOTAL
    reacts to filters, but that can't handle conditions.

  8. #8
    البيانات
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    Hi Bob
    Thank you for your swift and nice reply
    I used the hint by adding contif from 45 to 50
    Thank you very much again
    May I ask you another question, I did ask it some moment ago and get a nice
    reply consisting in a visual basic algorithm. I want to spell a number by
    written text, I got one to spell in english but I could not not convert it to
    Arabic, should I use ASCI but it is not easy
    Thank you very much agin
    Jamal

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    Hi Jamal,

    You may be surprised to hear that I don't know Arabic <vbg>, but it should
    be straightforward. Those SpellNumber functions tend to have lists of text,
    and you just need to replace those with the Arabic equivalents.

  10. #10
    البيانات
    Guest

    Re: How do I use countif an array for >=45<=50

    Hi Bob
    I really apologize, but I did not mean this. I just tried what you've
    suggested already, but it did not work. I thought that as it exsits the bhat
    function which writes in Thai characters, that it may be the same. I have
    substitute the words in Arabic in that spellnumber, something is not
    mathching.
    I've never used paogramming in Arabic strings, since all my studies were in
    English anyway one of my students is trying to help, if he succeds I'll let
    you know
    Thank again for your swift reply
    Jamal