how in excel do we create aggregates of the sort an olap tool crea

  1. #1
    christopher ward
    Guest

    how in excel do we create aggregates of the sort an olap tool crea

    hi all and thanks if you respond

    a quick question if you have a range full of values how do you create a
    total function that breaks the amounts by a break point similar to the pivot
    table function - for those who know Oracles OLAP DML or Express Server or
    Personel Express my example is

    limit product code to all
    limit brand to all
    report width 30 total(sales brand )

    where product code has been related to brand

    so can we force excel to do this easily

    --
    C Ward

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    RE: how in excel do we create aggregates of the sort an olap tool crea

    Since you know a PivotTable does what you want why not use one?

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach

  3. #3
    christopher ward
    Guest

    RE: how in excel do we create aggregates of the sort an olap tool

    lots of reasons - but for one im working in a multi page form with a user
    clicking on
    values - i dont expect my users to understand pivot tables nor do i
    understand them fully myself

    can a pivot table be added to a user form ? - i suspect not as the toolbox
    is limited so therefore i thought maybe i could create a function that does
    the calculation that i need and i could put the results in a display object

    thank you for your advice and interest
    --
    C Ward

  4. #4
    christopher ward
    Guest

    RE: how in excel do we create aggregates of the sort an olap tool

    i should also add my data is timestamped so its not easy to sort it into
    groups and then use excel to calcualte using sum

    --
    C Ward